Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Yellow Shoes PI Update: Submission

As of this morning, my dashboard for the Yellow Shoes internship I applied for is in the submission stage. (The dashboard for those who don't know is a tool that Disney's career website uses to track your progress for jobs you've applied to. Submission is the first stage.)

Oddly enough, with all of the applications I've submitted to Disney, I've never seen the submission stage before. Every other time I've applied for a job with Disney, my dashboard has almost immediately said "in progress." It actually took a couple of days for my dashboard to reach the submission stage too, which I also thought was kind of strange. I submitted the application on January 30th, but it took until today (Feb. 4th) for my dashboard to change. I've skimmed through some of the conversations on the Professional Internships Facebook page, and it seems as though the process simply moves slower for PI's than for other jobs at Disney. I'm not necessarily worried that it took a couple of days for my dashboard to go from nothing to the submission stage, but I think I'm a little bit disappointed considering this is the slowest process I've ever experienced in applying for a job with Disney. 

The current widespread rumor is that DCP applications will be out on February 6th, though this is only a rumor I've seen posted on the Facebook page, so I would take that with a grain of salt. I'm hoping that the DCP application process will move along a little bit faster just because I'm driving myself crazy checking my dashboard every hour or so regarding the PI I applied for. 

I'm also really looking forward to working on my book, so I can't wait for this whole process to really get going. :)

Don't forget to find me on Facebook & Instagram:

Instagram: @bdicologero
Facebook.com/bdicologero

No comments:

Post a Comment