Wednesday, February 12, 2014

First Round of NLIC's & What Submission Actually Means

Phone interviews began a couple of days ago for the Fall 2014 DCP, and already some of the applicants who interviewed are going NLIC'ed (no longer in consideration... ie: denied.) While this is not good for those people who are getting NLIC'ed, it is good for someone like Chaz, who is still in submission. So far, the applicants who have been NLIC'ed after the phone interview were not people who I would have expected to get in anyways. I know this sounds harsh, but you can learn a lot about people from the way they interact on Facebook, so that's my opinion. I've noticed that some of them have very poor communication skills, which probably did not work well during the phone interview, and some just seemed like odd fits for the program, which I assume Disney felt the same way about after interviewing them. (I don't want to get into specifics, and turn this into a gossiping post, but an example of this would be like someone who is middle aged, and apparently planning on living with roommates and partaking in the DCP. I assume Disney realized that there are better job opportunities for someone in this position.) This entire recruiting season is confusing compared to past ones-- there are currently a fair number of alumni who are "Pending" following their phone interviews. I could be wrong, but I assumed alumni would be re-accepted fairly quickly if they already made it to the phone interview stage. So I think Disney has definitely changed up the selection process a little bit this season.

I found out (on the Facebook group, so take this with a grain of salt) what "Submission" apparently means in terms of this year's recruiting season. I thought that "Submission" simply meant that you submitted your application but no one got around to looking at it yet. In this case there is nothing wrong with being in "Submission" it just means recruiting has a lot of applications to go through and they haven't gotten to yours yet. Apparently, "Submission" is basically "Pending" for those who haven't been offered a WBI (web based interview.) This would mean that for someone like Chaz, who applied on the first day and has been in "Submission," he could potentially remain in "Submission" only to be NLIC'ed on the last day possible-- April 18th. Harsh, right? According to some of the applicants on the Facebook group who were NLIC'ed in such a way last season, this is the new process. When you are told that not everyone will receive a WBI, this means that you can go the whole recruiting season without hearing anything only to be either offered a WBI or NLIC'ed on the very last day. Unfortunately, this means that most of the applicants in "Submission" probably have a very long wait ahead of them. But, like I mentioned earlier, some of the applicants who have already had phone interviews are already being NLIC'ed (or "Pended," meaning that Disney is waiting to decide what to do with them) which theoretically should be opening up more spots for those who are still in "Submission."

My phone interview is Friday, and I kind of wish it were sooner now. I originally scheduled it for Friday because I was sick when I received the offer to take the interview and I wanted to make sure that I would be 100% by the time it happened. Well, I'm almost 100% better-- my ears are still blocked from being congested, and that's really about all that's wrong with me now. I apparently have the immune system of a 10 year old, because my ears act up like this every time I get sick, so I'm not expecting to have 100% of my hearing back soon. So basically, I could have scheduled my phone interview for earlier in the week and gotten it over with by now. I also have midterms tomorrow and next week, so I don't know how much time I'm actually going to spend preparing for it. 

I'll probably wait to write another post until after my phone interview, in which case I'll write about how my interview went and whatnot. 

Don't forget to find me on Facebook & Instagram!

Facebook.com/bdicologero
Instagram: @bdicologero

No comments:

Post a Comment