Friday, February 14, 2014

My Disney College Program Phone Interview

I just had my phone interview for the Disney College Program Fall 2014 semester! My interview was scheduled for 7:45 PM EST, but my interviewer ended up calling at 7:59 PM. My interview was over by 8:18 PM. I was familiar with most of my questions from my last interview, and though I had notes in front of me, I did not look at them once to be perfectly honest. 

Before asking the more difficult questions, my interviewer verified that I was applying for the Fall 2014 season, in Florida, as well as which roles I would be applying for. 

Here are the questions I was asked:

Why do you want to participate in the Disney College Program?
Tell me about your work experience.
Do you prefer a fast paced or a slow paced work environment?
Do you feel comfortable delivering narrations in front of a group?
Do you have cash handling experience?
Do you have sales experience?
What are your top 3 roles and why?
How do you deal with a repetitive job?
What would you do if a task at work is interrupted?
Do you feel you would be able to work in Florida heat/rain?
How would you interact with a guest who approaches you to provide excellent guest service?
How would you remain calm during an emergency?

I feel as though the program went well. Most of the questions I was asked were related to the Vacation Planner role, which is my first choice. Merchandise was my second choice, and I was not asked many Merchandise-specific related questions, which I thought was kind of weird considering I spent 4 years working at Staples as a cashier. Attractions was my third choice and I was only asked a couple of questions about this role.

Now the waiting game begins. I'll be writing more about this phone interview in my book, "Brittany Earns her Ears," pending my acceptance into the program, so be sure to check that out early next year if you're interested! 

Facebook.com/bdicologero
Instagram: @bdicologero

No comments:

Post a Comment