Sunday, August 16, 2015

- CP Q&A - Nora: Parking at Hollywood Studios

This weeks CP Q&A features Nora, a Miami native who worked in parking at Disney's Hollywood Studios during the Spring 2015 program. Nora attends Miami Dade College, where she majors in film. You can see more from Nora on her Instagram (@ninjanorah) and on YouTube (ninjanorahdcp).


Q: What made you want to do the Disney College Program?
A: I’ve always wanted to work for the Walt Disney Company, it was a lifelong dream of mine, so once I learned of the Disney College Program I thought this was the perfect opportunity to work for Disney while still being a student with my school and also get the chance to network and meet people who could help me in the future with my Film career.


Q: Was parking your first choice for a role? If not what was?
A: It was not, but Main Entrance Operations was among one of my top roles listed when I applied to the program, which consists of 3 different locations where you could be placed: Parking, Toll Plaza and Park Greeter. My first choice for a role was Attractions or Park Greeter. Q: What was your training like? 
A: My training lasted a week and it consisted of learning every position in the parking lot, this also includes parking trams. Every day during training I would learn of a new position and what you had to do at each spot. It was stressful at first to remember every position and the tasks of each location, but a month after I officially “Earned My Ears”, I felt fully comfortable on my own in parking.


Q: What were the best parts of your role? 
A: The part I enjoyed the most of my role was spieling on the Parking Trams. This is where I felt I could be most creative and interactive with the guests and where I could really have fun with things and create magical moments for guests leaving or coming to the park.


Q: The worst? 
A: The worst would have to be being outside in the heat, cold, and rainstorms for long periods at a time. Our parking lot is also one of the most confusing lots of all four parks, so a lot of guests that would visit our park would be tremendously lost and wouldn’t be too happy about it and would take it out on us cast members. Q: Would you recommend this role to a friend? 
A: This role can be pretty intense at times, but I still made the best of it and I would recommend this role to others, especially if you enjoy speaking in front of large groups of people and can be patient with guests and help them out.


Q: What advice do you have for new CPs in this role? 
A: The advice I have for CPs just starting in this role is to just take it day by day. At first it may seem difficult or confusing, but I guarantee once you start getting used to each position and start making friends with your coworkers and fellow CPs, things will get 100% easier and enjoyable. The friends you make at work, definitely helps make the job better and funner everyday.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brittany Earns Her Ears is available on Amazon in paperback and e-book. Click here to get your copy today!

Instagram: @brittanyearnsherears
Facebook.com/brittanyearnsherears

No comments:

Post a Comment