Sunday, August 23, 2015

- CP Q&A - Cristian: Outdoor Vending in Epcot

For this CP Q&A session, I interviewed one of my best friends, Cristian, who worked in ODV (or outdoor vending) in Epcot during the Spring 2015 program. Cristian came to Walt Disney World this past spring from Hercules, CA, and he is currently attending Diablo Valley College. 

Q: What made you want to do the Disney College Program?
A: I wanted to do the DCP because I love everything and anything Disney. I always have! I've grown up with it in my house since I was born. Also, I ave always wanted to work for the Walt Disney Company because I love it and I wanted to be able to help create the magic. :) It took me three times to get in, and I LOVE IT!




Q: What was your role? Was it your first choice? If not, what was?
A: The role that I got when I got accepted to the college program was Vacation Planning. Due to certain circumstances, I transferred my first month of the program to Quick Service Food and Beverage. Neither were my first choice when applying. My first choice was Entertainment (Character Performer or Character Attendant.)




Q: What was your training like?
A: For Vacation Planning, it was a long process since we had to learn three computer systems and the basis of selling tickets. For Quick Service, it was about five days long. Super easy. Just confusing because everything happened all at once, but luckily I picked up the information quickly. ;)

Q: What were the best things about your role?
A: The best things about my role were 1) the people I worked with. Everyone (mostly tbh) were all so sweet and helpful. We all became like a little family. 2) FREE FOOD every now and then haha! Since we served food, we got food. 3) The hours. I worked at Epcot, where the park hours are always 9-9 (except EMH on Fridays 9-11) but I never worked too early or too late. And I had fun with it! Epcot isn't the most "magical" park but me and my fellow cast members would try to do anything to make guests smile. It was pretty great when we got recognized for going out of our ways to make magic!




Q: The worst?
A: The worst things about my role were 1) I worked outside in the horrible weather conditions. Heat, humidity, rain, sweaty people. Rain gear and sunglasses were my BFFs! 2) We didn't do the CDS bump system. We got scheduled to a cart and stayed there all day. Which would get boring sometimes. 3) TWO WORDS: SNACK PLAN. I hate it I hate it. 

Q: Would you recommend this role to a friend?
A: I would recommend Food and Beverage to someone who wants to work in Culinary or Festivals at Epcot. I would not recommend outdoor foods though.





Q: What advice do you have for new CPs in this role?
A: For someone going into Outdoor Foods, I would recommend always bringing sunglasses, rain gear, and sunscreen! You get all types of weather working out there. For someone going into Food and Beverage, I would say to have fun with the role! Yes, it gets busy, but have fun with it! It can be a lot of fun if you put the effort in it. Ask your leaders and coordinators what ways you can help create magic. We were allowed to do magic moments (such as give away Mickey bars to kids on their birthdays.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brittany Earns Her Ears is on Amazon! Click here to get your copy today!

Instagram: @brittanyearnsherears
Facebook.com/brittanyearnsherears

No comments:

Post a Comment