Saturday, March 1, 2014

DCP - Fall 2014 Acceptance Details

I received my acceptance email at about 11:30 AM EST, and immediately checked my dashboard (which was already updated to the offer stage.) I forgot my password, supposedly-- By supposedly I mean, I don't think I did, and for whatever reason Disney just wants you to create a new password when you accept an offer. I remember this happening last time I applied too, and I can tell you that at least for this time, I checked my dashboard 7584957483612 times a day, so I definitely knew what my password was. Anyways, I logged into the candidate portal, and saw that I had been accepted for Merchandise, for the Fall 2014 season. This was also about the time when I paid the program fees- which with the processing comes to $304.50. The fees cover your rent for the first couple of weeks before you are paid, and other events that the housing communities put on. After paying the fee I chose my arrival date. I didn't even look at the September ones, and I chose August 4th, because there are a couple of girls I am planning on living with who already chose that day. This was pretty much all I've had to do for now regarding my acceptance, but I assume there will be more paperwork as time goes on.
I also received the contract for my book in the mail today, which I've already signed and will mail back to the publisher tomorrow. I will still be writing on this blog during the program, but this will probably turn into quick updates of the day's events because I will also be writing the book at the same time. 

That's all I've got for now, feel free to contact me with questions/comments! & I've changed my instagram name to @brittanyearnsherears to remain consistent with every website I'm on.



No comments:

Post a Comment