Tuesday, March 4, 2014

"Brittany Earns her Ears" Details

My first published work, "Brittany Earns her Ears," is set to be released in early 2015. The book will be published by Theme Park Press, and will essentially be my memoirs with regards to the Disney College Program (DCP). 

This book is one of many that will make up the "Ears" series. The first book in the series, "Amber Earns her Ears," was written by Amber Sewell. This book, which came out in 2013, follows Amber's journey working for Disney through the DCP, and the now discontinued Career Start program. The success of Amber's book led to the decision by the publishing company to produce more books about DCP participants-- the "Ears" series. (Click here to go to the "Amber Earns her Ears" page on Amazon.)


Theme Park Press is the publishing company for this series. According to their website, "Theme Park Press is the world's largest independent publisher of books about the Disney company, its history, its films, and animation, and its theme parks." The company has been releasing an average of about one book per month, and has also featured some very well known writers in the Disney history realm such as Disney historians, Jim Korkis, and Didier Ghez. You can read more about Theme Park Press on their website: themeparkpress.com.


The publisher and I initially got in touch through Disboards, which is ironically one of the Disney fan sites that I do not spend much time on. I very rarely post anything on there, and to be honest I only made the account this past summer to get in touch with other potential CP's (college program interns.) I began working on "Brittany Earns her Ears" in October, by creating outlines and quick drafts for a chapter describing the first time I applied to the DCP. After some revisions, I sent this chapter to the publisher, who enjoyed reading it and hoped that I would be accepted into the 2014 program so that I would be able to write my book. Now that I have been accepted, I have about 4-5 chapters written of "Brittany Earns her Ears," and I am very excited to continue writing as this process begins to move along. In the coming months, I will be posting some updates regarding my book on here, however I really hope that readers of my blog will be interested in the book, so I am definitely going to make an effort not to give too much away if that makes sense. I will probably have some "behind the scenes-esque" posts, but nothing that would make up for actually reading the book.

As I mentioned above, this book is going to be part of a series. Here are the other authors in the series, as well as their social media: 

Emily, Merchandise, Spring 2014
http://earsonemily.blogspot.com

Ema, Housekeeping & Entertainment Performer, 2012-2013
www.whenyourdreamscometrue.tumblr.com
instagram: @emchappie91

Kyla, Main Entrance Operations, Spring Advantage 2014

http://kylajaclyndcp.tumblr.com
instagram: @kylafornication
twitter: @kylajaclyn
www.facebook.com/bornbackwardsxx
Good Reads: @kylajaclyn

Carmela, Concierge, Spring 2014

www.carmelathedisneyconcierge.tumblr.com

Kelsie, Photopass, Fall 2011

www.youtube.com/kelsiedoingdisney
instagram: @kelsieweiser
twitter: @kelsieweiser
www.facebook.com/kelsiedoingdisney

Kaitie, Merchandise, Fall 2011
http://thevirginmindset.wordpress.com/
instagram: @kaitiesue7
twitter: @kaitsue

Sara, Quick Service Food and Beverage, Spring 2013

http://disneyden.blogspot.com
http://thedisneyden.tumblr.com
www.youtube.com/52weekend
http://twitter.com/TheDisneyDen

Nicole, Entertainment/Attendant, Fall Advantage 2013
http://disneylifeofnicole22.tumblr.com
www.youtube.com/disneylifeofnicole22
twitter: @smilenicole22

My own social media:
www.destinationdisneyworld.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/bdicologero
instagram: @brittanyearnsherears
twitter: @bdicologero
snapchat: @bdicologero
Disboards: bdicologero
WDWmagic: BrittanyEarnsHerEars

No comments:

Post a Comment