Saturday, February 13, 2016

2016 Valentine's Day Special

2016 Valentine's Day Special
by Brittany DiCologero and Chaz Saldi

Welcome to the 2016 Brittany Earns Her Ears Valentine's Day Special! This post features stories from CP alumni about who their Valentines are, and how they spent Valentine's Day during their programs!


And also my first article for Theme Park Tourist is out, and it's on the history of the Disney College Program! If you're interested, there is a link to it at the bottom of this post :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You probably know that we did a college program together in Spring 2015, but did you know we got engaged in Disney as well? Chaz proposed behind Spaceship Earth-- which is our favorite attraction/place at Walt Disney World! Our engagement happened while I (Brittany) was on my first college program in Fall 2014, and he was in FL for a week visiting, so it was a complete surprise! 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A good story would be that a random stranger came by my apartment and spooked me, dropping off a gift for my roommate for an intern Valentine exchange, while I was getting ready for a date. I ended up closing the door in his face! We reconnected right before I left my Professional Internship and we've been together ever since. I'm leaving next week to visit him in Boston and we are very much in love, despite the hiccup on the most romantic holiday of the year." - Katrina


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "My boyfriend Nick and I met at the Chatham square pool. I think our story is funny because when people find out we met in Disney, they grow wide-eyed with jealously in hopes of hearing that I had a romantic, unsuspecting run in with my prince charming at Cinderella Castle, and they giggle to learn it was a pool, of all places! When he first asked me out, I said no because I was unsure about long distance. (He lives in Virginia and I'm from Pennsylvania.) But I wound up changing my mind, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.



We've been together over a year now, and in that time he's made me some incredible Disney themed gifts. The M is made with my two favorite colors, also Ariel's colors, and the four pictures at the bottom are interchangeable snapshots we took together on our program. He hand cut and wove all the papers together himself. He also wrote me letters of significant Disney days we shared together, from the first time I wanted an excuse to hang out with him: a milk run from Vista Way, to our first date at Portobello's in Downtown Disney. We went on to do two programs together, and we are continuing long distance for another year until school is finished." - Megan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Facebook status update:
"I think I probably had the best Valentine's Day ever today! My day actually begin closing the store at 12:15 am and walking to the bus with Amanda and enjoying Valentine's Day cookies! And once I woke up, I started the day opening my Valentine's Day box with a box of chocolate from my real Valentine, my dad. I then spent the morning with the Rohe family, loving every moment of it even when I carried both Clara and Bradley from Living with the Land to the strollers. Went to work for the day and had a lovely Valentine's Day card from a coworker, and Ella and Clara came and visited me making me smile and laugh. My roommate Meaghan came by at the end of my shift to join me for dinner in France. After that I met back up with the Rohe family to watch my favorite show, IllumiNations, and walked them back to their car, carrying my Disney buddy, Clara, to wish them safe travels back home. Called my mom and caught up with her. Now I'm on my way home to enjoy my chocolate covered strawberries! Seriously a great day! Also I have spent 15 hours at Epcot today so there's that too!"



"It was a very memorable day for me. I had family friends (Ella (age 5), Clara (age 3), and Bradley (age 20 months) at Disney World and to have them visit me at work is something that can't be put into words. My roommate surprised me by showing up to work and "asking me" to dinner because we were both single and needed to spend the night with someone we loved. La Patisori in France was my favorite place to eat during my program. And I was able to watch illuminations with my family friends, which is my favorite fireworks show. Epcot was home to me during my program and to spend so much time there in one day was perfect." - Elizabeth

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When I worked at Aladdin/Tiki/Treehouse on my first program in 2013, there was a CP named Betsy who worked at the Haunted Mansion. When Betsy came back for her summer alumni program at the Tomorrowland Speedway, Emily came for her first program in costuming. They both know each other from Towson University in Maryland so after their Traditions in May 2015, they went to Magic Kingdom and show requested my Jungle Cruise boat. We were introduced and after the trip, we thought nothing of it. Emily kept coming back to see my boat by herself after that so I decided let's go on a first date to Winter Summerland Mini Golf. A couple weeks after that, we decided to make our relationship official after singing through all of Aladdin while watching it at her apartment. We have been together for 4 1/2 months and she is extending her program until May. Here is a picture of us from the end of November when my mom and grandparents stayed at the Contemporary." - Jason


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My boyfriend and I met on our CP! after it ended I moved from Massachusetts to Missouri to be with him." - Katie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So, this is me and my doofus, Ethan. We met November of 2013 while working at World of Disney. I was on my college program and he was part time. Our first interaction began in the Princess Room at World of Disney with him asking me if Rapunzel and Tangled were the same thing. I rolled my eyes and said "Yes" while cursing him under my breath. But like John Smith drawn to Pocahontas' sass and mystery he was drawn to the fact that I gave him rude looks in the hallway and didn't talk to anyone in the break room (kind of the same thing, right?).

The first time we hung out, we knew we were destined to be the best of buds if not more. The more we saw each other, the more that "if not more" option started looking better and better. But, as all CPs do, I had to go back home and back to school. For two years, we talked just about every day. I visited a few times and eventually made the decision that Disney was the place I needed to be. I moved back to Florida post-graduation. Ethan helped me move in, build my Ikea furniture, and helped me glue back together all of my things that he dropped while moving my stuff (more eye rolls). We often went back to Disney Springs to revisit our old stomping grounds and by this time he knew a lot more about Rapunzel (you're welcome, Disney fans everywhere). Three months after I moved back to the Disney-area, he sat me down and gave me this long speech which eventually ended in "I think we should be together." Picture me being like Anna Coronation morning.


We've been dating about five months now and I couldn't be happier. He's become much more of a Disney fanatic which adds extra boyfriend points to the mix. When I got that email telling me that I was accepted to the DCP I expected a lot of amazing things, but what I didn't expect was finding someone I care about so much. I could make a lot of cheesy comparisons to us being Mickey and Minnie or Lady and the Tramp (most relatable comparison tho), but I like to think that we'll be making our own Disney story, original, but still all started by a mouse." - Megan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I met my boyfriend at the time while I was a month into my college program. He worked in the kitchen, and I was in merchandise so we met while I was on break. We ended up dating for 10 months after being long distance for two. Him and I spent Valentine's day at Narcoosees, I surprised him with reservations during Wishes. We both have always wanted to eat there, then the next day I went to celebrate Valentine's Day with my roommates at Bongos at Downtown Disney." - Emily


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My fiance and I almost met on my first program (he backed out of applying and then ten years later, we found out that one of my roommates was a friend of his from high school!), and we just moved down here in August when I extended my third program. Trying to find a permanent position now. Together two years, getting married in 40 days!" - Dana


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My now boyfriend and I met on our Spring 2015 CP. We were neighbors in Chatham Square. My roommates and I were really close with their entire apartment and we were just friends from January until about May when we first started seeing each other. We have been dating since July and doing long distance (he's from Indiana and I'm from Michigan) :) This upcoming Valentines Day will be our first together as a couple, as we began our relationship on the very last day of our program’s extension (July 30th, 2015)." - Alexa


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my first article for Theme Park Tourist on the history of the college program here!

Click here to order "Brittany Earns Her Ears" on Amazon!


Follow us!

Instagram: @brittanyearnsherears @chaz385
Facebook.com/BrittanyEarnsHerEars
Twitter: @BrittanyEHE

No comments:

Post a Comment