Friday, July 25, 2014

Single Digit Dance! & the Ugliest Shoes I Will Ever Wear

As of today, my countdown for when I leave for the DCP is in the single digits! Only 9 more days until I leave for Orlando! I still haven't finished packing. I have everything that I'm bringing set aside, so now I just need to really organize it all and make it fit into suitcases (that weigh less than 50 lbs.) If I go over the weight limit, I will have to put some things aside and have my parents ship them to me later, or I will just have to eliminate anything that I don't think I will need as much.

Yesterday I bought my shoes for work during the DCP. I know that I'm taking a chance in buying shows before I arrive, since I don't know my work location yet, but I don't want to be stuck buying work shoes when I get there. I bought black sneakers, because most of the Merchandise costumes require all black shoes, so I'm really just taking a chance (and now hoping) that I won't be at one of the few locations where the shoes need to be white. Even if I do end up needing white shoes, I don't think the black ones will go to waste because I can pick up shifts at other locations that use black shoes. (I could also be deployed, which means Disney might change my location, to somewhere with black shoes.) 

Anyways, I bought Fila workforce sneakers, and they are probably the ugliest shoes I've ever worn, but they're also the most comfortable. I'm kicking myself for not buying these years ago when I worked at Staples. (I wore either Converse or DC's at Staples, both were not the best choice for a job where you're on your feet all day, but I never ended up buying anything better.) 

I bought them at JC Penney, and for $39.99, I think they will be a really good value if they last through my entire program. It's one more thing I'll have to pack, but I'd rather have the shoes taken care of ahead of time. (If they really don't end up fitting in my suitcase, I'm going to just throw them in the tote bag I'm using as a carry on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment