Friday, July 18, 2014

Packing -- DCP in 15 Days!!

Since I will be flying to Orlando, my suitcase space is pretty limited. Unfortunately for me, I've had a really difficult time finding resources from past CPs about how they dealt with packing if they did not drive to Florida. I feel like if I were driving, packing would be so easy. I'm used to packing up my car for school, and being able to drive back home if I really need to get something I forgot. For the DCP, I will not be able to do either. 

I'm planning on bringing two suitcases, and one tote bag or some other kind of carry on for last minute things that I can just throw in there. The regular suitcases are going to packed primarily with clothes. I'm trying to bring all of my clothes, rather than buying them there, because I don't think I'm going to want to deal with having to go clothes shopping when I get to Florida. I've recently purchased some new business casual outfits (because I'll need them for Traditions, which is the orientation all new cast members must attend, and for my Disney class, which I will discuss more in a later post.) I've found some business outfits that I do really like, I'm just worried that they're going to be really hot and uncomfortable with Florida heat and humidity, so I guess we'll see how that goes when I get there.

I also plan on buying black sneakers before I arrive. I am kind of taking a chance on buying these ahead of time, because I don't know my work location yet, however most merchandise locations require black sneakers, and if possible I'd rather not be in the rush of CPs getting shoes at Wal-Mart when we arrive.

Because I don't have a lot of suitcase space, there are a lot of things that I will need to buy when I land in Florida. For toiletries, I'm only bringing the basics that are absolutely necessary, like a toothbrush and deodorant for instance. Any extra hair and makeup products I will buy at Wal-Mart or Target the day we check in. I'm also going to have to buy random things for the apartment, like hangers and cleaning products. And I will have to buy bedding, including a pillow, for my bedroom in the apartment.

Thankfully, my roommates are bringing a lot of things for the apartment that would be difficult for me to bring. I'm working on a vlog about packing, so if you have any questions or anything you'd like to hear more about in a vlog just let me know!

Don't forget to find me on Instagram!
@brittanyearnsherears

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are leaving so soon, Brittany! It was 400 years ago but I flew to the CP too and ended up buying some stuff at Walmart and having my mom send the rest once I arrived. All in all, I found I didn't need all that much. Also, I bought the dreaded black sneakers at a premium price from costuming because I couldn't be bothered to go to Walmart. Ha. My costume also required a pair of black flats and I brought those with me.

    Do they still make you wear pantyhose on Traditions days and under your costumes if they are skirts/dresses? That was torturous.

    ReplyDelete