Monday, November 9, 2015

- CP Q&A - Julianna: Character Attendant, Magic Kingdom

For this CP Q&A, I interviewed Julianna, a New York native and co-author of the new book in the Ears series, Julianna and Carmela Earn Their Ears. Julianna participated in the spring 2014 program, and she extended into the summer. She attended her local community college prior to the program, where she majored in Marketing/Business.

Q: What made you want to do the Disney College Program? 
A: I always wanted to be able to experience Disney living for a while and when I heard about the program in high school, my heart was set on working there! During my school’s orientation, they had a professor advertise the program so naturally I befriended him and got lots on information on the program (most things I already knew!). I couldn’t wait so I applied my first semester of college and got in! I also am a huge Disney fan and my craze started when my marching band took a trip during my sophomore year in high school where we recorded music and marched in the Electrical Parade! 


Image

Q: What was your role and location? Was it your first choice? If not, what was? 
A: My role was Character Attendant and my status/location was at Magic Kingdom! Attendant was my first choice during my interview (1: Character Attendant, 2: Attractions, 3: Merchandise) I was lucky to get this role! I expressed my interest in entertainment and Magic Kingdom! 

                                          Image

Q: What was your training like? 
A: I explain in further detail in my book, but the root down of training was I had a “Welcome to Entertainment” class, then Magic Kingdom orientation, then four days of Core Plus training where we had sets with characters and learned all about the role, safety, and character integrity. Training was about five days. Definitely nerve wracking at first! It was a grand time! 

Image

Q: What were the best things about your role? 
A: The best things of my role was definitely working with a variety of cast members inside entertainment. Performers, Photo Pass, and even Attractions hosts! I loved making friends from all over the parks! Making magical moments with guests was my favorite thing to do! Sometimes I wished I could’ve had more magical moments, but that’s just me being hard on myself! I miss working with the princesses the most since we had so much fun closing up the park. Closing shifts were my favorite since they were quieter and you had time to join in the fun with the guest during the interactions. 


Image

Q: The worst? 
A: Closing lines, the weather, occasional drama, rude guests, and being afraid/stressed if you didn’t cut your line on time. 

Q: Would you recommend this role to a friend? 
A: Absolutely!  


Image

Q: What advice would you have for new CPs in this role? 
A: Don’t be afraid to push yourself! I’m a timid person at first so I lived in a shell and I could’ve been a much better attendant than I was. I want to do another program so I can do everything that I hadn’t like work Halloween parties, Christmas parties, and other locations I had missed. Do not be afraid of performers! They are some of the sweetest people you will ever meet! Of course you get the occasional rude co-worker, but that’s in any role. I regret not making more friends than I did (although I made A LOT) and not working in other parks, but hopefully I will get another chance! 


Image

Q: What have you been up to since your program ended? 
A: I wrote a book titled Julianna and Carmela Earn Their Ears! I am also finishing school and hostessing at a local restaurant. Nothing special! I keep planning my next few Disney trips and my next college program which will hopefully lead up to my permanent business/entertainment job after college! 

You can find Julianna and Carmela's book on Amazon now! Click here to get your copy today!



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click here to purchase Brittany Earns Her Ears for Kindle or in paperback!

Instagram: @brittanyearnsherears
Facebook.com/BrittanyEarnsHerEars
Twitter: @BrittanyEHE

No comments:

Post a Comment