Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Q&A Part 2

Another round of Q&A from the Spring 2015 DCP Facebook page:

Q: Would you suggest finding roommates beforehand, or going random?
A: This is all up to personal preference. I didn't have luck in college going with a random roommate, so I wanted to make sure I was able to choose roommates before my program started. That being said, some CPs go with random roommates and things work out really well, it's all up to you.

Q: Drive down or fly down?
A: They both have their pros and cons, but if I had a choice I would have driven down here. I flew here, which was difficult because you cannot bring as much as you could if you filled up a car. I only brought two suitcases, that both weighed exactly 50 lbs., and a small tote bag that I carried on. It was difficult trying to fit everything I wanted to bring into two suitcases, and there were things that I needed for my apartment that I bought here, that could have been packed into a car if I drove. You could have your parents ship stuff to you here, however I didn't know my address until the day we checked in, and there were plenty of things I needed that day, so they couldn't have been shipped. The day we moved in, I had to go out and buy bedding, pillows, toiletries, some food, and cleaning products, that I could have thrown in my car if I drove. Even if you are not going to be using a car during the program, I would highly recommend driving down. 


Q: Tell us about your engagement!
A: Chaz and I got engaged on September 12, 2014, in front of Spaceship Earth in Epcot. Spaceship Earth is my favorite Disney attraction of all time, and it fits both of our personalities so well because we both love history, and the ride traces the history of human communication. The proposal happened while we were taking a photo with one of the PhotoPass photographers behind Spaceship Earth, and I was so surprised! 



Q: Is working outside in the heat/humidity really terrible?
A: It was at first, but now not so much-- you get used to it. I feel fine when I'm at a cart, but some of the games get really hot. When I'm at a cart, there's usually a fan near me, and somewhere shady to stand, plus I always have water on me. Some of the games have light fixtures that give off heat, so even with the shade, fans, and water, it can be uncomfortable on a hot day. I can't speak for all roles though, when I'm outdoors I pretty much just stand there, so I'm sure it's different for a role like Custodial where they're constantly moving around.

Q: How is your book going?
A: It's going! I have 60 pages (or about 40,000 words) so far, and we're looking to release it in 2015 once my program is over! I have however recently accepted an offer to extend my program into the Attractions role, so I'm not quite sure what this means for my book yet. I'll be contacting my publisher about it, and update you all as soon as I hear back. Writing it is going pretty well, it's just time-consuming, and sometimes, err interesting? Sometimes it's just odd writing a book about your own life, it's kind of like a diary, but then you remember that anyone who wants to can read it, so it's an interesting feeling. If you're thinking about getting my book once it comes out, be sure to follow me on Instagram (@brittanyearnsherears). When I get some copies of the book I'm going to host a contest via Instagram, and one of my followers will be the winner of a free copy of my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment